"And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress and keep it". Genesis 2:15

Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Most Beautiful Color of Spring


The beautiful color of tender new growth in the spring! For much of the year the predominant color in Texas is the beige you see in my grass in this picture. When we get rain, or if we water, we can have a green lawn, but if the countryside does not get rain, the grass goes dormant in the summer, AND it goes dormant in the winter when it gets cold. Then how I long for this lovely refreshing green to appear!



These are my day lilies coming back after a hard drought, then a mild winter. Their fresh new green is a contrast to the older evergreen liriope edging the bed, and the dormant beige grass. Can't wait for them to bloom!

The color green is supposed to be relaxing, good for your heart, calming, soothing and comforting. I praise the Lord every year for His Spring, the color Green, for New Life and for my Life in Him! Have a wonderful spring!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! We've got wildflowers growing along the sides of the highway and in front yards, etc. Trying to enjoy it while it lasts as we'll be in the 6 months of baked-brown summer soon enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q - I wish I had taken pictures when we were there - the landscape is so interesting! We have a few things blooming too - it's wonderful! I love spring.

    ReplyDelete