"And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress and keep it". Genesis 2:15

Monday, April 5, 2010

Buzzzzz




I recently had some fun watching the interactions of some Bumblebees and Honey bees in my two Red Bud trees. In the smaller tree the Honey bees appeared to be trying to chase off, unsuccessfully, the larger Bumblebees. In the larger tree the bees just ignored each other.

Since I took these pictures with a small point and shoot digital camera I had to get within inches of the bees to get the pictures. I knew they would just ignore me, but it made me jumpy anyway.



I liked this picture because it shows the veins in the wing.




Here is one flying.


The Bumblebees were easier to photograph than honey bees because they sit still a little longer. I seem to have a lot of bumblebees year round, which is something I am grateful for. Bumblebees are great pollinators - better than honey bees. 

The last picture is one that Claire took of her fairy doll sitting in a fountain. I thought the water looked fantastic.

All these pictures look great blown up large. You can really see details on the bees and the water looks cool.



1 comment: