"And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress and keep it". Genesis 2:15

Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Spring Flowers


Daffodils




Dandy Lions are the first flowers bees find in the spring and are very important for that reason. The low growing pretty ones like this I like to leave, but I chop the tall ugly purple ones.



Peach blossoms


Front walk. The purple flowers are grape hyacinth. I bought 50 bulbs wholesale and they have really filled in.




White daffodils under a baby Red-bud Tree. This is the tree that I kept having to save from the wood ants last summer.





Wild grape hyacinths under the peach tree in the front yard.


I planted one hundred day lilies and one hundred daffodils that I bought wholesale under the two Red Oak trees. The day lilies are doing great, but only 40 daffodils came up and bloomed this year. The daffodils come up first and bloom, then as their foliage dies they are hidden by the day lilies as they grow. The idea works well, but I did not buy the right kind of daffodils for Texas.




Grandmother's Iris blooming under another Red Bud tree. This is always the first iris to bloom. The rest of the flower bed looks pretty bare, but lots of things are sprouting up and soon it will be full.







Red Bud Blooms

No comments:

Post a Comment