"And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress and keep it". Genesis 2:15

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What's Blooming in August

I just took a photographic survey of what's blooming in the yard and was surprised at how much I had. Of course I have made an effort over the years to plant stuff that bloomed in late summer and fall because I want to always have something blooming. So enjoy the pictures. Now if I had banks and banks of each of these wouldn't that make a show!



Knock Out Rose


Black-eyed Susan


Purple Cone-Flower

The backs of sunflowers are interesting too.

Sunflower. I dont know if that is a wasp or a bee on there.


Ice Plant


Plumbago


The Dill flower would not sit still for this picture, but I thought it was interesting anyway.

Sorrel


Native Daylilly and liriopie


Native Daylillies


Crape Myrtle


Yucca pod with seeds


Red Yucca


Lantana


I dont know what this is called. I just call it the pink fall blooming lilly.


Purple Sorrel


Rain Lillies


Turk's Cap


Spiderwort


No comments:

Post a Comment