"And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress and keep it". Genesis 2:15

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rain Barrels

When I told Garry I wanted to expand the vegetable garden he said water is too expensive and we have to find a way to save water. He built me these rain barrels. The over flow is now connected to the big blue barrel, and both barrels now have spigots. I watered the whole vegetable garden once with the big black barrel, but I dont know how deep the watering went. We had half an inch of rain yesterday that filled both barrels half full. This is from just the front half of the garage roof. Its been raining all around us today, but not at my house! Grrrr, Garry really wants to test the new arrangement. Maybe it will rain tonight. We could get a lot of water from this property if we had a cistern. I'm not sure what the city would think.

No comments:

Post a Comment